Goings-on this weekend (March 24-26)
It looks like it's going to be a fine weekend, with snow predicted for Saturday. We thought we'd let you know about some special goings-on over the next few days. Of course, you can always spend the days skiing or doing some other wintry activities, come back to the inn for a soak in the hot tub, take yourself out for a nice dinner, then spend the evening by the fire. But if you are interested in doing something a little different, take a look:
- On Saturday at Stark's Pub up at Mad River Glen, local favorite and shockingly talented band The Grift is having a show from 7pm-10pm. Always a great time when the Grift come around.
- Sugarbush is hosting its 7th annual SideSurfers Banked Slalom snowboard race at Mt. Ellen, open to all ages.
- If you are at Sugarbush Lincoln Peak on Saturday, you'll be treated to a pop-up farmers market-style event showcasing Vermont specialty foods and beverages.
- A special Saturday evening thing to do at Sugarbush Mt. Ellen is to take the last chair or skin up to the mid-mountain Glen House, where Walt's offers great food and drinks and always a great time. Ski down by headlamp!
- For an unforgettable experience, check out Umiak Outfitters' dog-sledding adventure.
- At the Mad River Arts Gallery in the Village Square, you'll find a stunning photography exhibit, Reflecting on Reflections. Wednesday through Saturday, 1pm-5pm.
- After an indulgent weekend (or winter, or year), you might want to take a workshop on making a spring cleansing tonic and basic herbal medicine techniques. At the Moretown town hall.
See you soon! Karen and Mick